Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Turtle Head

I've been annoyed lately with all the political propaganda being put up on Facebook as we head toward the November 6th election. It's not that I have a favorite candidate but one side is more actively annoying. There hasn't been much if anything that has swayed me, and I don't believe anything that has been posted nor do I want to believe the people posting it believe it either. There are facts out there about candidates and then there is speculation and speculation is exactly that; a guess. So why is there so much crap out there that has so little to do with fact? I suppose it's all about the fear tactics. My take on the election is simply; has President Barrack Obama done a good enough job to be reelected? I of course have an informed opinion based on facts, but I doubt that anybody gives two cents about my conclusion; most likely in the same way I feel about the political Facebook spam I've been hiding and blocking. I will say that I am ultimately disappointed that we the people of the United States of America have yet to do something AMAZING when it comes to our self governance. Don't you think that two parties is just a little to close to one? I have offended plenty of people when I tell them that I don't see much of any difference between career politicians of either party, and I doubt any of the entrenched "leader's" political interest represent their constituents. Then of course the reply is almost always that 'it is important to pick the lesser of the two evils'; I feel they missed my point completely. Isn't the power maintained by the Democrats and Republicans based on the cooperative efforts to deflect and fix the attention of their supporters on the opposing party? I think it's worked so well that they have even got people believing that they are our leaders instead of our elected representatives; they are not one and the same. What am I advocating? The end of the strangle hold the two party system has had on our government. I am tired of hearing that unless I vote for Red or Blue I am just throwing my vote away. I don't believe each vote that doesn't go toward Democrat or Republican parties are wasted or don't count; a vote is a vote. There is no real reason why 3, 4, or more parties wouldn't work or even be beneficial to our system of government.

No comments:

Post a Comment