Saturday, September 8, 2012

Yogurt the Greek, Or a Very Boring Review of Yogurt

I started eating Greek Yogurt and I have found there is a real difference in brands.

The first brand I tried was Chobani and although there are many flavors and it is thinker and creamier than standard yogurt I did have a problem with an unfavorable odor; it's something in between sweety feet and hot garbage. I found the Cherry was the worst offender when it came to weirdness.

The second brand tried was Dannon Okios. There maybe other flavors available than Strawberry, Vanilla, Blueberry, and plane, yet none of the stores I shop at have a greater variety than the four flavors I've listed.
Okios is only slightly thicker and creamer than standard yogurt, and that could just be my mental effort to cover up any feeling of getting ripped off. I don't find Okios smelly, and it's usually fairly decent.

The third brand I tried was Fage. Fage seems to have a limited selection of flavors, or at least at the stores I shop at, but thus far I have only tried the Strawberry. Fage is thick and creamy and by far my favorite. Fage is usually the most expensive, but I have found it at Costco for way less than the Grocery store. If I find any problems with the other flavors from my Costco flat I'll post an update via comment.

The forth brand I've tried is the Yoplait 100 calorie Greek Yogurt. Although I've only tried the Strawberry I think I can say I'm not going to try any other flavors. The Yoplait is not very thick and I'm not that thrilled with the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment