Monday, August 29, 2011

Jury Duty

My entire adult life I have been free of jury duty or even a notification, but that streak has ended. Today I opened the mail and found a jury selection questionnaire from Hawaii. I am a little surprised that the State of Hawaii would send me something like jury selection since they had to mail it to a Washington address, but I'm sure they wanted to give me every last chance to participate just in case I had my heart set on being in a jury. I really kind of wish that they had a selection box to check that indicates I am no longer a resident of the state of Hawaii, but sadly it's not an option. I hope this is an easy thing to get squared away and doesn't turn into some lame drawn out thing where I have to physically go there to prove I'm not living there; because that would be ridiculous. 

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to respond that you would love to participate in Jury selection, if they would just send you a ticket and book you a nice ocean front hotel room. Sam can get a long without you for a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There wasn't a section to write in anything, and I'm fairly sure I'm not important enough to receive air fare and accommodations. The instructions were pretty screwy because they ask that the entire questionnaire be filled completely even if one thinks they are exempt; from my responses they should remove me from the pool.

    ReplyDelete