Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A round christmas tree ornament

Here I hang in the back of the Christmas tree and I wonder why the person who hung me even bothered. I don't know what color I am and once I thought I was red or green because of the reflection I seemed to omit, but it turns out those were the colors of the nearby lights alternatively flashing. As far as my shape I'm almost sure I'm a pathetic round ball, nothing more than a filler ornament. I'm not even one of those fancy looking shapely bulbs. No one cares for me and one day I will no longer be hung, replaced by a fading-memory ornament in an ever growing collection of weird , strange, and even meaningful ornaments. It's not like I'm not grateful to be out of the box ,because I am, but I wish I could be hung in a better position, if not more toward the front of the tree then maybe a little higher up; from where I hang now I'm best friends with the water bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment