Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Honolulu Frozen Yogurt

In the last couple of months Honolulu has had two different new Frozen Yogurt places open up. Both places are similar to one another, yet there are big differences.
The first place Sam and I tried is Yogurtland (http://www.yogurt-land.com/) which is only a few blocks from where we live next to the University. The frozen-yogurt is self serve, and that includes the toppings; don't get excited they weigh your cup and charge you by the ounce. The flavors change occasionally, and they have several to choose from. Most of the frozen-yogart is either low-fat or non-fat, yet I'm not sure you would ever know. I like Yogartland and have visited several times.

Last night Sam and I went to Menchies Frozen-Yogart (http://menchies.com/) at Ward Center. There is no doubt that Menchies has the better location, but that's the only upperhand I can see Menchies has over Yogartland. I didn't like either flavor I choose last night both had a bitter after-taste; I had a taste of Sam's and it was the same way. Menchies is self-serve and they charge by weight as well, but the quality is definately lacking; the service is lacking as well.

As stated above I feel the difference between the new fancy frozen-yogurt places heavily favor Yogurtland, and I highly recomend it if you like frozen-yogurt and just happen to be in Honolulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment